Great news for all the Barbie collectors via The Doll Cafe forum. There has been another designer doll chat and here’s what has been revealed:
– The Wal-Mart exclusive USA DOTW will be Hawaiian. Hawaii has a closed mouth. There will also be a new Brazilian DOTW Barbie. (When will Mattel do a Romanian DOTW doll?)
– “Empress of the Aliens” is coming in June, preview in April.. She has a beautiful print and lots of jewelry and a Goddess face. (I must get this one! Really loving Linda’s dolls)
– There might be more Twilight dolls. (Yahn…)
– There will be a “gothy” Halloween doll this year. (Collector Monster High inspired doll? )
– There will be two silkstone Francies in 2012 – an AA and a platinum-haired no bangs with a cat. Kitty Francie will be available in August. (OMG must have them!)
– The Hunger Games doll will be sneaked very soon. More Hunger Games dolls might come depending on how well the film does. (Curious but not very interested)
– There will be a Mackie doll in 2012. (Yey for that!)
– The next Basics-like concept for 2013 may be more fashion-based. If the replacement for the Basics is given the green light, it should be released in Spring 2013.(OMG!!)
– There may be a Midge 50th anniversary doll in 2013. (Interesting)
– Regarding repros, it seems 1600 fashions, Japan exclusives, and Talking Barbie are on the table. (I’m not a repro fan but I’ll be getting those.)
– There will be more new DOTW countries, and an unrelated mention of global fashion. And designer dolls.
Wow! How about this? Lots of interesting dolls. Can’t wait to see the new Basics like line esp if it’s fashion related.