Barbie Playline Sets

Barbie Sisters articulated Skipper and Stacie

August 26, 2012

Finally Skipper is getting articulation! Check out this cute Skipper and Chelsea set I found at Target for $19.99. I wonder if her legs are also articulated. Has anyone seen IRL pictures of her?

• Reply marta August 26, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Hello from Spain: what joy that their bodies are articulated. I really like those two sisters. stores in my country are not for sale … I hope to buy one day .. Keep in touch

• Reply D7ana August 27, 2012 at 1:38 am

I haven’t seen these yet. Look forward to doing so. Thanks for the notice.

• Reply lubo August 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

Skipper has only articulated arms, legs are not articulated I read it on one forum. :(

• Reply Laura August 27, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I’m waiting for Mattel to make an articulated Stacie. I can’t wait until this set is available where I live!

• Reply Ada August 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

@Laura: Me too! I hope she’ll be available here also.
      @lubo: Too bad. :( Why can’t they just do the whole thing right?
      @D7ana: They are available online at Target. If you get them please share some IRL pictures. I would love to see them.
      @marta: Maybe they’ll soon be available in Europe as well.

• Reply Laura August 29, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Some of the Skippers released these past few years have articulated legs. The skateboarding Skipper does. I have her. I plan to try and replace Hula Skipper’s legs with that of my skateboard Skipper, so she’ll be fully articulated.

• Reply Ada August 30, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Great idea, Laura!

• Reply Amanda October 30, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I know far to much for being 27 almost 28 year old women about this but whatever. Stacie in past has been articulated in the past most notably gymnast Stacie. It is great Skipper is finally getting some articulation even if only half a body at a time. Knowing Skipper dolls will have been around 50 yrs in 2014 hopefully next year which isn’t all that far away we wil get fully articulated Skipper. Skipper dolls of past often didn’t even have twist and turn waist. I do question why uear of gymnast Stacie and Olympic gymnast Barbie their was no gymnast Skipper. Yes that was same year they iintroduced baby Kelly.

• Reply @barbies_made_to_move April 14, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Hello from. Spain. I found it by 11$ (nude). But I enjoy their body and no, legs are not jointed! Do you know if any skipper has the same skin tone?