Barbie Barbie Collector

Barbie 2013: Barbie Look, Dolls of The World 2013, Barbie Birthday Wishes

August 27, 2012

We finally have a glimpse of the new 2013 Barbie Collector dolls. I’ve been waiting for some time now to see the new Barbie Look series and I must say I’m a little bit dissapointed. I love the Steffie one but I expected more. The Tim Gunn dolls look better. Then there are the new DOTW 2013. I like DOTW Philippines, DOTW Spain looks the same, good thing that they didn’t use the Moulin Rouge theme for France but obverall they are not impressive.

Thoughts?

X9191

Poolside Accessory pack

X9192

Red Carpet Accessory pack

X9193

• Reply Noel August 28, 2012 at 5:25 am

Wow !! I am so disappointed. They have used the same black mold and look so many times already!! So disappointed.

• Reply Ada August 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

I kind of feel the same, Noel. She looks a lot like a Barbie Basics 2.5 doll.

• Reply Laura August 29, 2012 at 6:09 pm

The only doll I like is the Bill Greening doll with the Steffi mold. I also like both the golf and the poolside accessory packs as well. Other then that, all of these dolls are really boring. I don’t think there’s anything creative about them at all.

• Reply Ada August 30, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I like the Steffi doll also because she’s Steffi but other than that…boring. :(

• Reply marta August 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Hello from Spain: I am excited to see this new collection of Barbies in stores in my country. I also really like the accessories and clothes. The Paris Barbie is very attractive. I also like the Spanish with the typical costume of southern Spain. Keep in touch

• Reply Ada August 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Marta, a lot of people from Spain said that the Spanish Barbie is too stereotypical. Glad you like her.

• Reply Martin Rico November 1, 2012 at 12:02 pm

How disappointing~ Yet another year, (2013) and Mattel is still using the same ol’ boring face molds on their Barbie Dolls. I mean, the ones in use are beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but it’s kinda nice to see variety, and it just seems that Mattel’s creative team isn’t, well CREATIVE….. more like BORING… year after year…the Mackie Face mold….totally over used, and now the Steffie Face mold… over rated…! It would be really nice for them to use the SunSpell Goddess Mold, aka Italian Barbie circa 1979…. (Bring it back…people!) The Heart Family Mom, (Caucasian version), I saw a doll designer version of this doll on Ninimomo.com Beautiful. Etc..etc… The new International dolls coming; my opinion: BORING!!!!!!! show us something we haven’t seen before. The same ol’ countires, year after year…GEEeeeeeZZZZZ, enough already!! “France, Spain, Mexico, Ireland, Holland, Brazil”… I mean…Really??? As an avid collector since 1989..I have been officially through with that series…seriously! Mattel seriously needs to hire doll designers with more edge, creativity, and people that just think outside of the box; give us collectors ACTUALLY want, and not what they think we want. Have Barbie represent more countries like for instance: Vietnam, Laos, Singapore, (tired of seeing, Japan & China…) Sri-Lanka, (tired of India!) Dominican Republic, Haiti, Guam, Guyana, Uruguay, Paraguay, Lithuania, Kosovo, Belarus, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Venezuela, Colombia, Gabon, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Gibralter, Ethiopia, Samoa.. the list goes on and on..why keep using the same countries, when there are so many countries to choose from and so many typical customs to design for Barbie; come on Mattel; hire some edgy, innovative designers to get this going and break that tired re-cycle of designs you currently having in place; keep us collectors more interested…. I am slowly but surely losing interest and buying less and less. signed: wishing for a Barbie Miracle……..

• Reply Noel December 13, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I have to agree with Martin.. I am so bored with Barbie already. I am getting so bored with Barbie.

• Reply Ria December 19, 2012 at 9:52 pm

ditto Martin’s comments, I feel the same way and frankly if this is the start for 2013 line up I don’t hold much hope for the rest of the year!

• Reply Martin January 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Noel and Ria, thank you for your support… I am trying to get a job as barbie doll designer; and when I do, things will change. I find it hard to believe that the current designer don’t get bored using the same face molds on their dolls… a total LACK of creativity. We should petition Mattel to get with it. Have U guys seen the INTEGRITY DOLL LINES lately…?! Beautiful and creative. Mattel needs to get with it, SERIOUSLY!