Barbie Barbie Collector Interviews

EXCLUSIVE Info from PFDC 2013

March 17, 2013

Hi everyone! This is my last night in Paris. I’ll be leaving tomorow in the evening and in the next couple of days I’ll post lots of pictures, stories and videos from PFDF 2013. But right now I really want to share with you some info I got from Linda Kyaw.

photo

Please excuse my tired face…

First of all let me tell you she’s such an amazing and sweet lady. Love her! It kind of saddened me that all the collectors were queing to get an autograph from Robert and almost forgot that this amazing lady and designer was there. Anyway, I got to spend some moments with her and asked her some questions. I can tell you she’s working on a new doll from the Global Glamour series that will come out next spring. Sometimes this fall we’ll get a chance to see the doll. She’s representing a country from…Europe! So excited!!! She also told me that a lot of people from the Barbie board told her to create a DOTW Romania. :D That was so cool! I told her a few things about my country and promised her that I’ll send her some inspiration photos. Now back the Global Glamour collection, seems that Tribal Beauty was supposed to be articulated but they decided to not go with that body because it didn’t look nice. I insisted that she must really start doing more articulated bodies as that’s what collectors want. She said she had no idea it was such an issue with the collectors. I told her it is one of the BIG issues we all have. She said she’ll take that into consideration. After this we talked about the different face molds and I asked her to use more of the old molds on more high end dolls. She said she’ll think about that as she also didn’t know collectors wanted to see the old face molds that much. ;) I insisted again that she should think about 1. articulation and 2. older and more different face molds.

So there you have it guys! I hope you’ll find this info as interesting as I did and in the coming days I’ll post a video with me talking to Robert Best.

Bisous de Paris! :X

IMPORTANT P.S.: PLEASE CREDIT MY BLOG IF YOU WANT TO POST THIS INFO ON YOUR BLOG/FORUM/FACEBOOK.

• Reply Sheila García March 17, 2013 at 8:52 pm

What about king Tut and Nefertiti??

• Reply Ada March 17, 2013 at 9:14 pm

There are no plans right now for such a set. There was a king Tut sketch right after the release of the Cleopatra doll but it never went into production. :(

• Reply Terri Gold March 17, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I’m amazed that she said she had no idea collectors want articulated bodies. Don’t they let her out? Seriously!

• Reply Ada March 17, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I don’t think she realised it was such a big deal.

• Reply lubo March 18, 2013 at 8:11 am

Thank you, Ada. So I hope she will use articulated bodies and older sculpts. She probably thought that Cheerleaders weren´t successful, so collectors didn´t like them. But reason were their bodies. And also Romanian doll would be great.:) Any info about new DOTWs?

• Reply Ada March 18, 2013 at 8:23 am

This is all she told me. But I have a way to get to her and I’ll ask more questions in the near future.

• Reply desu March 18, 2013 at 9:11 am

Ada very…. BIG thankyou that you meet her and gave us news about global glamour barbie I am a big fan of Linda kyaw she is amazing girl.

• Reply Simon March 20, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Ada you are a force of nature when it comes to getting the latest Barbie news. Kudos to you :)

• Reply Ekaterina March 28, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Thank you for sharing this information with us Ada! Hope you had a great time in Paris! :)

• Reply Masquerade Beauty artwok by Linda Kyaw | My Dolls :: A Blog About Barbie and Other Fashion Dolls August 15, 2013 at 7:08 am

[…] take this opportunity and tell you how MUCH I love Linda! I had the chance to meet her this year, in Paris, and I think she’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. I hope she’ll have […]