Barbie

Happy 25th birthday, Teresa!

July 21, 2013

According to D7ana from A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures, today is Barbie’s friend Teresa’s 25th birthday! Teresa was first introduced in the California Dream line from 1988 and has continued as a trusted friend of Barbie ever since. She even has her own face mold that is popular with a lot of collectors.

california dream teresa

Her first appearance used the Hispanic face mold and her own mold was introduced in 1992, in the RollerBlades Barbie line.

barbie-rollerblade-teresa

Image source

The doll that Ninimomo created for my husband when he proposed to me and that was made to resemble me, was also made using a Teresa doll so you can imagine how close this girl is to my heart. :D

ada1

Happy birthday, Teresa! :X We love you!

• Reply lubo July 21, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hollywood Hair Teresa is from 1993. First Teresa with 1990 Teresa headmold was Roller Blades Teresa from 1992 collection.:) And between Spanish headmold and Teresa 1990 headmold, there were Teresas with Steffie headmold.:)

• Reply Ada July 21, 2013 at 11:09 am

I know about the Steffie dolls but I was under the impresion that the Hollywood Hair was the first. And that line is from ’92 not ’93: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hollywood-hair-barbie

• Reply Katti February 1, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Nope, Hollywood Hair is from 1993, Box date is however 1992. Rollerblades is, as Lubo says most likely the first doll with the 1990 Teresa face. Promo photos showed her with the Steffie sculpt but she had a sculpt :) The second doll was Rappin’ Rockin’ Teresa from the same year (Melillo has them in opposite order, but according to SKU Rollerblades is earlier).
      You have Roller Blades, Rappin’ Rockin’ from 1992 (box dates 1991), then Glitter Beach and Hollywood Hair from 1993 (box date 1992) followed by Camp Fun and Sun jewel the next year 1994/c1993.

• Reply Katti February 1, 2018 at 9:09 pm

*a new sculpt* sheesh. Lost it when editing spelling….

• Reply Cindi Mortensen August 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I really love your special doll! She’s beautiful! :-)

• Reply Ada August 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Thank you! She’s the star of my collection. :D

• Reply 27 Things All '90s Latinas Know To Be True March 11, 2015 at 5:41 am

[…] Via papusilemele.com […]

• Reply 27 Things All '90s Latinas Know To Be True | I'M NOT SERIOUSI'M NOT SERIOUS March 11, 2015 at 5:59 am

[…] Via papusilemele.com […]