Barbie Barbie Collector Pink Label

IRL images of JLO Red Carper Barbie doll

August 27, 2013

I’m officially dissapointed. :( When I woke up today I saw on Sandra’s The Doll Cafe page the IRL images of the new JLO Red Carper Barbie doll and believe me I went from :D to :( . SUCH a disappointment! The promo images looked so nice and sophisticated and the real doll looks nothing like them. :( The actual doll looks cheap, with no resemblance to the real JLO. Also, when I fist saw the promo images, I thought the face mold is a variation of the Steffie mold. Turns out it has nothing to do with it. :(

jlo barbie irl1

But this is just my oppinion. If you like her you can preorder her from Joe’s List and other Barbie dealers.

• Reply Alex August 27, 2013 at 8:07 am

Well she really looks like her, the only thing missing is the purse and a bit fitting of the gown…I think what really looks cheap is the box

• Reply Ada August 27, 2013 at 8:32 am

I think the promo image looks more like JLO than the actual doll. :(

• Reply Heather August 27, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I think it’s crappy that the holes in the sleeves are faked, giving them a lumpy look instead of a sleek look… would it really have been that hard to make right?

• Reply Terri Gold August 27, 2013 at 10:58 pm

That dress looks terrible. I’ll never understand how a company can release a doll that looks so poorly finished.

• Reply Aisha August 29, 2013 at 12:22 am

That dress is worse than Marilyn Barbies “Happy Birthday” dress. So cheap looking.

The original was stunning, but this version looks like a knockoff dress. If I was Mattel, I would be extremely embarrassed to churn out a Zuhair Murad dress like that. It completely insults his design and vision.

I think if they had perhaps made the dress in chiffon, and layered glitter on it, it would have been prettier than this. The fabric choice is all wrong, making it look clunky in the arms.

The doll does look like Jennifer though – with better painting and some enhancement, she could look gorgeous. From what I can see – the mold looks pretty spot on.

Im probably going to get this doll and take off the arms if I get her complete. Im more likely to get her nude because I love the sculpt !

• Reply Ada August 29, 2013 at 7:51 am

I can’t wait to see someone repaint her. I’m thinking Noel Cruz could try to do this.