Barbie Barbie Collector Events Sets

BREAKING NEWS! 2015 Barbie Collector news from IDC 2014

May 31, 2014

Fresh, fresh news for all you Barbie collectors!

2015 barbie news

This is from the Mattel presentation at IDC 2014:

– New partnerships dolls for 2015. The first one is a couple designed by a well known fashion designer that has collaborated in the past with Mattel. The doll will be designed by Robert Best. The designer is still kept a secret. I have a feeling it might be Karl Lagerfeld. :X The dolls are dressed in black. Ken has a black suit and Barbie a black leather dress with black pointed boots.
– Other partnership dolls will follow.
– There will be more celebrities dolls
– New movie dolls
– New Look dools with more faces and…flat feet and shoes!! The theme is Barbie will kick off her heels. They showed a beautiful AA doll with curly hair and blue glasses. Great news for people wanting more sculpts. The metalic theme will also continue.
– They also showed some Barbie Look inspiration photos

I’m so excited about this!!! I feel like Mattel is finnaly listening to us with all this Barbie Look changes. :X Can’t wait to see the new dolls!

• Reply Kitty in IN June 1, 2014 at 3:20 am

can’t wait to see the new Barbie Look gals!

• Reply Hav June 1, 2014 at 3:35 am

Every single one of these bullet point is exciting to me!

• Reply Dwane June 1, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Hoping for more special KEN Dolls.
    They usually get canceled before production :(

• Reply Laura June 2, 2014 at 2:22 am

This news sounds exciting. I do wish we could see photo previews. I’ve found Barbie Collector quite slow in releasing dolls this year (2014).

• Reply sofydeg June 5, 2014 at 3:22 pm

really exciting news, but I don’t think that making model muse dolls with flat feet is a good idea :| maybe they’ll be wearing beach outfits…

• Reply Ada June 5, 2014 at 3:24 pm

They didn’t say the dolls will have MM bodies and the feet are small and have articulations at the joints. They look really, really cute and small.

• Reply Janet July 12, 2014 at 12:38 am

For 2015, I want more vintage repros, especially a sidepart in Midnight Blue or one of the other formals that have not been reissued yet. I want a 50th anniversary (vinyl)Francie gift set (Swingin’ Separates or Sportin’ Set) in 2016 and 50th anniversary Casey and (long haired) Stacey dolls in 2017. Also a repro of the first edition Hair Fair, but with a whole TNT body Barbie doll, not just the head.

• Reply Barbie girl August 30, 2014 at 11:20 pm

I can’t wait to see the new dolls. If it is Lagerfeld .. I know they will be beautiful.

• Reply Kerri Barker November 1, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Any new Midges next year?!