Barbie Barbie Collector Gold Label

Updates on Haunted Beauty Barbie series and The Farway Forest Barbie series

July 11, 2014

Lots of very interesting things are happening over at Barbie Collector. First of allthere’s the Bill Greening video presentation of the new and absolutely gorgeous Faraway Forest™ Elf Barbie® Doll.

Farway Forest Barbie 2014

Can’t wait for her to launch. She’s a must!

Also Bill has announced that there will be 3 dolls from this series just like the Galactic series. The second doll is already in production and looks like her name will be White Woods according to the trademark info that Mattel has registered last year. Oh, wow! Could she be a white and majestic white queen of the woods? :X :X

Faraway Forest White Woods Barbie doll 2014

Fanmade image. Not official.

Mattel has also registered haunted Beauty Mistress Of The Manor trademark so it looks like this is going to be the name of the last doll in the Haunted Beauty Barbie series.

Haunted Beauty Lady Of The Manor Barbie 2014

Fanmade image. Not official.

So exciting! Especially because all these dolls are designed by Bill Greening and he’s sooooo good at fantasy Barbie dolls. :X
Info via.

• Reply Laura July 12, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I really don’t like the Faraway Forest Elf doll. Her facial paint seems like that of a cheap Mattel Barbie playline doll. I hope she’s prettier when she’s released.

• Reply Barbie Faraway Forest Elf 2014 | Barbie Girl Collectible July 12, 2014 at 8:42 pm

[…] das informações: Papusile Mele, Barbie S2 Pink, Model Muse Barbie e My Barbie […]

• Reply Christian July 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I agree. I was kind of shocked that they painted her this way- with all the fashion details u think that they would copy that in the face paint. It’s kind of Blah- not what comes to mind when I think of an elf. Sucks because I was all excited about this collection too :(

• Reply Laura July 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Someone wrote that Mattel now sticks eye stickers onto their playline dolls instead of painting them directly onto them, like they used to. I believe this, because I can definitely see the outline of what appears to be a sticker on the dolls’ faces.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks the facial paint on this doll looks cheap. It’s strange because some of their dolls have great painted features and others just look cheap. They must have different designers working on different dolls.

• Reply Christian July 14, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I think the eyebrows look strange and she has way too many lashes esp the bottom. The proportion is off because the eyes end up looking tiny and squinty, giving her face a whole different look. But like u said, maybe she’ll look different in person . Still, I don’t know if I want to invest, even though production is no more than 4400.

• Reply Maya July 15, 2014 at 9:10 am

I don’t like the Elf-Doll at all. Looks like a “whatever-con”-wonnabe-sexy-cosplay.
    Is there any chance that Mattel would make some “The Hobbit”-Dolls, like the did it back in 2003 with LOTR?

• Reply Laura July 15, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I agree. The lashes are way too long, and very fake looking. The doll’s brows are straight, bushy, and appear to be a weird shade of orange There isn’t any realistic or subtle shading in the makeup or the contouring of the doll’s face. Whoever did her facial paint has seemingly used the very thick, very obvious drawn on black or brown lines that are used to create a separation or definition on the playline dolls. It reminds me of the makeup of women of an older generation. some use thick black liquid liner or eyeliner pencils to define their eyes, sometimes add some eyeshadow, don’t blend it. It ends up looking like paint by paint numbers.

A few dolls I love and that I think Mattel got spot on were the 2011 Elvis Barbie that came with an articulated body, black bouffant style hair, and a gold lame suit. I also loved the Caucasian version of the University of Oklahoma Barbie from their 2013 Collector line. Some of my favorites from this year are the Red Carpet Barbie in the Magenta gown from The Look Collection. I also like the Divergent Four male doll. I own him, Barbie Elvis, and the University of Oklahoma Barbie, and I think they’re all gorgeous. This is a small list of the dolls I like, but they give others an idea of the type of products I’d like to see Mattel releasing.

• Reply Jennifer September 12, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Well I love the elf doll. I think she has beautiful features. She looks way better in person. I own all the faraway forest dolls and the elf is my favorite. I can’t wait for the next one to come out!

• Reply ilia May 5, 2018 at 11:32 am

Ada, haven’t you noticed?

All the lands of the Faraway Forest Collection are a reference to Europe’s histoy and legends:

Elf Village= a reference to Ireland and UK, the epic cycles of Avalon, Albion, the Mabinogions;
    Dark Forest= a reference to the Black Forest of Germany, with the Blocksberg Mount of the witches of Faust during the Valpurgisnacht;
    Crystal Cave: a reference to France, with Paris as Ville Lumiére ( light and crystals );
    Blue Lagoon: Portugal and Spain, a reference to the Spanish Empire and the discovery of America through sea travels;
    White Woods: a reference to the snowy Scandinavia;
    Mystical Kingdoms: a reference to Italy with the Renaissance Ducal Kingdoms and the Papacy;
    Fairy Kingdoms: a reference to aryan (‘fairy or airy’, aryans ) slavic countries and Greece with their eastern mythology, similar to russian cycles.