Barbie Fashionistas

New Fashionistas 2015 and Vogue Italia

April 8, 2015

If you follow my Facebook page you have seen the brand new Fashionistas dolls that will come out this year. Fabulous is an understatement and it looks like Mattel is taking things even further. 10 talented designers have been chosen by Vogue Italia and Mattel to design a custom look for each doll.

Barbie Fashionistas 2015

Fashionistas barbie 2015

The 10 looks will be featured in a runway at the Palazzo Morando for Milan Fashion Week, in September. The project is called Barbie Global Beauty. Check out more info and the list of designers assigned to each doll HERE.

• Reply Marco April 8, 2015 at 11:04 am

Hi :-)
    This is a great news, very exciting!
    All the designers involved in the project have a distinctive signature style, it will be interesting to see how they’re going to immortalize an icon as Barbie is.
    I have my eyes focused on: Leitmotiv – Stella Jean – Piccione.Piccione – Aquilano.Rimondi, for the high quality of their designs. I’m curious to see how “COMEFORBREAKFAST” and “Daizy Shely” will show Barbie, they have an alternative an unconventional style. All the designers of shoes and accessories have elaborate stuff in past collections, truly amazing!
    Hope this project will be the start to bring Barbie play line in another level, more modern and focused in actual designs with real dresses as she was in the past.

• Reply Sandra April 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm

This is interesting news Ada! Thanks for all the great updates!

• Reply Christian April 9, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Okay u all may hate me for saying this, but I don’t get the appeal of these dolls. Granted, there are a few that are interesting style wise, but many of them are like, ‘ what the…’ A few of these dolls look like home economics projects- not really fashion forward . If these are retailing in the $10 range then okay, but any more $ and I’d say what a rip. I hope Barbie is doing okay- her collector lines have been very anemic lately. My last purchase was lady of the white woods and really, I’m sort of regretting that – the quality just isn’t what it used to be. I was looking at some of my older dolls- Marie Antoinette, Josephine, Classic Goddesses, etc and noticed such a difference in quality . I’m worried that Barbie is in the red and I
    Don’t mean red carpet ! The economic/ stock reports all seem to suggest that Barbie as a product is becoming irrelevant. Being chewed up by their own kin- Monster High and Ever After High, etc. thoughts ?

• Reply Amy April 12, 2015 at 7:32 am

Does anyone know a specific timeline of when these dolls will be released? I know some of them are out already, so do you think they will be released in groups every so often over the course of the year? I’ve been looking all over to find the release date, but haven’t found one. Thanks!

• Reply aaa April 12, 2015 at 7:26 pm

We still have only gotten half the first wave where I am. At least I got the yellow comeforbreakfast dress, my favorite. No sight of the Stella Jean dress or the Paul Andrew one and no Ken.

• Reply nunya April 14, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I’m sorry, but these dolls are not fashion forward. They are beautiful when it comes to the face molds and diversity, but that’s about it. They’re called fashionistas for a reason, but I’m not seeing it.