Barbie Barbie Collector Pink Label

Wizard of Oz Fantasy Glamour Glinda 2015 Barbie doll

May 28, 2015

The Barbie Collection website has a few sneaks of upcoming dolls on the bulletin board. We have all three 2015 Holiday Barbie dolls (including the Kmart variation) and a new doll. The Kmart variation has copper hair and a Mackie face. Cute, but not for me.

The Glinda doll is nice and I love the Aphrodite face, but I want to see IRL images first before deciding if I want her or not.

Wizard of Oz Fantasy Glamour Glinda (CJF31)
Designer: Linda Kyaw
Label: Gold
Body Type: Model Muse
Release Date: June 2015

glinda

• Reply Christian May 28, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Seriously ? Do they have stock in Wizard of Oz? I don’t understand why that theme seems to be the most prevalent . First they have like three or four waves of these dolls based on the movie and now they’re doing variations – at least they are consistent if nothing else – I was wondering when another oz doll or series would be released. In my opinion , they are running out of ideas and are having major quality issues. I used to be excited to look at the barbie site- now, it’s been a long time since I even bothered because the concepts and products are soooo boring. I was excited to see the Toki Doki, but they got all crazy and pulled it from sites. . How else can they advertise if they refuse to use social media and other sources. All I know is, I used to check out the barbie collector site at least a few times a week, now i check out this blog daily because it has so many updates and shares product Info, etc. thanks for such an awesome site :) keep up the good work

• Reply Laura May 30, 2015 at 12:26 am

I agree with Christian. I don’t understand why Mattel are doing Wizard of Oz dolls yet again. So many great movies have been released over the years on whom they could create character dolls for. I’d love to see a line based on silver screen stars. I’d also love to see a line of dolls based on the Sound of Music, using a variety of face molds they’ve used for their smaller dolls over the years. It would be cute if they’re sell them with two outfits, the ones made of drapes, and their uniforms. I can only hope.

• Reply Christian May 30, 2015 at 5:48 am

I agree- sound of music would be cool. I kind of wish they would do movies like Marie Antoinette or Moulin Rouge. Silver screen dolls would be awesome!

• Reply Fox May 30, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Oh no not again Wizard dolls.
    Why not Madonna, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett…

• Reply Laura June 1, 2015 at 12:53 am

Yes, Christian, there are many ideas Mattel could base their dolls on. They don’t have to continue with the same tired themes. I think they could have continued to create dolls based on the women of Bond, as they only released a few and then stopped. As far as silver screen dolls go, Mattel has already done Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, and Elizabeth Taylor dolls. I would love to see Rita Hayworth, Jane Mansfield, Dorothy Dandridge, and Lena Horne and Sofia Loren made into dolls as well. A Raquel Welch doll would be cool too. I especially want to see them create more smaller dolls in the Barbie Collector series as well. For a while they were making Kelly dolls, and a few Stacie dolls too. I would love to see more of them. As I mentioned above, I would love to see the whole Von Trapp family created, complete with costumes.

• Reply steven August 23, 2015 at 5:09 pm

license agreements are the main problem
    (since they are expensive, and have to be negotiated)… the new Glinda doll is uninspired and looks like a play line doll. Just got her in and her hair is a mess!!! for 100.00 she is a disappointment big time! I would love to see a joan crawford and bette davis doll.