Barbie

2016 Barbie playline dolls and sets plus new body!

September 17, 2015

New dolls from the 2016 playline series have been leaked on the internet. I have already posted them on my Facebook page so I thought I might post them here too because I have an additional piece of info.

barbie 2016

barbie 2016a

barbie 2016b

barbie 2016c

barbie 2016d

barbie 2016e

barbie 2016f

barbie 2016g

I have received info that the new 2016 playline bodies will have 18 points of articulation! Yes, you read it corectly. 18 POINTS OF ARTICULATION! Can we say THANK YOU< MATTEL? I have an image of the prototypes but I'm not sure if I should post it. Here's a blurred version. I hope you understand why I'm not releasing the clear image. ;)

new articulated Barbie body 2016 blured

Stay tuned for more info soon! I’m not done yet with the 2016 surprises. :D

• Reply Andulicka September 17, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I like dolls ready for beach. I was sorry not to see they are articulation but if your “top secret” information will be right I will jump off my chair happy and with crazy laugh.

• Reply Sandra September 17, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Thanks for posting these, I’m excited about the new bodies… Really like the sets above especially the Kassandra set.

• Reply Lydia September 17, 2015 at 10:04 pm

the only thing that will make this news better is if they announce new playline ken dolls that as high quality as the first wave of Fashionistas (and the Ryan ken, he was amazing)

They really need to step it up with their guy dolls. None of them are fun to have because the quality goes lower and lower. And the problem I have w/ the pivotal ken dolls is that they’re ankles twist around and they have no stomach joints like the older ones.

I buy any ken doll I can with the old body moulde (for example, the Tim McGraw ken or James Bond).

• Reply Brenova September 18, 2015 at 1:58 am

Thanks for the info….I love their style and the fact that they have 18pt articulation…Hallelujah it’s about time! Hopefully they will also be available as African American too.

• Reply Suwi September 18, 2015 at 10:33 am

Outfits and heads look good in the most part but as to the bodies? Playline? How much play can you get from these stiff limbed dolls? Mattel got it so right with the first Fashionista dolls and Pop life dolls but these bodies? Cheap and nasty!

• Reply Suwi September 18, 2015 at 10:37 am

Oops! I clicked to fast! I was going to add that if these dolls come with the NEW 18 point bodies they will be winners all the way. I hope ALL the dolls come with the new bodies and that goes for the teen/child bodies too

• Reply Riina September 19, 2015 at 8:02 pm

It seems that bikinis are out of fashion for the next summer. :) But that new body seems to be something to wait for.

• Reply Phyllis September 20, 2015 at 7:15 pm

These dolls are looking great! I hope you are right about the articulation on the new playline dolls! I keep telling myself that I don’t “need” any more dolls, but with news like this, there is a pretty good chance that I won’t be able to resist!

• Reply Cynthia September 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Has anyone commented on Barbie’s new ‘thicker’ thighs and shorter legs? Does this mean she’s no longer a teenage ‘fashion model’? Or that she’s no longer a teenager at all? Or is it just a trick of the camera?

• Reply Lau September 29, 2015 at 11:48 am

Even with the picture blurred one can still see the horrible thigh articulation.

I have kept from buying so many of Mattel’s dolls because of the stiff bodies and lack of articulated ones in matching skin tones. This is going nowhere to me.

• Reply Tracy October 9, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I think this will be great for kids. The bodies look sturdy and from other images I’ve seen…kids who reportedly got pinched from joints won’t have that issue with these bodies.

I am hoping for adult collectors to have our own more….fashion ready articulated bodies. For instance…Model Muse 2.5 bodies. Now that would be great news. :-)