Barbie Barbie Collector

2016 Barbie Collector dolls

October 23, 2015

Cheryl’s Dolls and Collectables has posted the 2016 Barbie Collector list that the dealers got from Mattel. No images yet, but the list is very interesting.

2016 barbie list

So let’s talk about the dolls a bit.

DGY07 Barbie – Look Blonde – Wondering if they are posable?
DGY08 Barbie – Look Brunette
DGY09 Barbie – Look AA
DGW56 Barbie – Glam Dress – I hope it’s not another boring dress…
DKN04 Barbie – Andy Warhol – OMG!!! This is exciting!! I wonder if she’ll be Gold Label.
DGW54 Barbie – Trench Coat – Could this be the new Coach Barbie?
DKN07 Barbie – Silkstone Poseable – I told you so!!
DGW41 Barbie – Ballerina Copeland – Oh wow! Could this be a Misty Copeland ballerina Barbie? :X

copeland barbie ballerina

So what do you think about the first 2016 Barbie Collector dolls?

• Reply Francesco October 23, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Cant wait to see the posable Silkstone Barbie. Hope the joints are nicely made………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Ada October 23, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Me too! And can’t wait to see you in Rome. :*

• Reply Christian October 23, 2015 at 4:35 pm

A little bummed that there aren’t more character dolls like the Wonder Woman doll or series like the Haunted Beauties , etc as I don’t really collect the Silkstone fashion models or look dolls . I really miss the DOTW collection. Wish they could have at least given us a few more new countries before disbanding and drowning us with repeats ? But I’ll have to see the pics before I buy anything … I know I’ll definitely be getting Wonder Woman

• Reply Sandra October 23, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Andy Warhol sounds very interesting. Thanks for the news Ada!!

• Reply Tim Neal October 25, 2015 at 12:00 am

The theme for the Florida Barbie convention 2016 is pop art, so Andy Warhol is the obvious and iconic choice. Good for Mattel for trying.

• Reply Havilland October 23, 2015 at 9:30 pm

When I think I have my doll year planned out, Mattel throws a curveball. I just know I’m going to want to Copeland dolls. One to leave as is & for the sculpt.

• Reply Tim Neal October 24, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Boring list. Wish they would do Fashion Avenue-like fashions again with some high fashion couture gowns and outfits. Also they should do more “famous” movie costumes, including costumes from more recent movies, not the same old 1939 movie stuff that they do over and over and over……. plus I beg that they bring Ken and his male friends back with hair -and not the plastic molded hair….

• Reply fi November 2, 2015 at 7:10 am

We need another AA ken doll without the same Jamal sculpt, plus more ken friends of different races.

• Reply TIM NEAL November 2, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Totally agree with you. Plus more fashions for Ken and friends, not just shorts and Hawaiian type shirts. “World Peacekeepers” has articulated males with great different face sculpts in different ethnicities but they have the plastic molded hair too. Would love, as you say, several Ken friend AA males that are articulated with hair too.