Barbie Barbie Collector Platinum Label

2015 Moschino Barbie dolls

October 30, 2015

Another disaster is on it’s way! Let the crying begin. On November 9th the infamous Moschino Barbie dolls will be on sale exclusively on Net-a-porter.com together with some ridiculously expensive trivial t-shirts and horrible pants or whatever those are and some other stuff. The King Is Naked! Lol.

Each doll will be $150. Let the madness begin!
Info via WWD.

Later edit:

More images of the dolls.

moschino1

moschino2

moschino3

moschino4

• Reply Christian October 30, 2015 at 9:32 pm

So I’m probably not going to be popular saying this, but WTF? Really? How is this guy even a designer? Barbie looks like a thug/ prostitute. Then they use the same pink box face mold- all for an inflated price- $ 150? Really? I mean the zippers aren’t even to scale! All I know is that I bought a Fashion Royalty doll for about the same price, maybe a bit more, and ever years to scale, not to mention her purse was workable and she even has straps on her shoes ! The makeup was sophisticated as well.
    Come on Mattel , for that price why not put some thought into the final product . This set is an easy pass for me- I can make my own ghetto Barbie myself for $25 or less ?

• Reply Ada October 30, 2015 at 10:39 pm

I’m with you. I do like the doll but on a human those fashions would look terrible.

• Reply Champagne Star October 31, 2015 at 2:25 am

Love the dolls’ outifts and happy to see an exclusive AA for once! Even if these dolls were cheaper and more widey available, I would not buy one though; I don’t like the dolls themselves. I see this turning out worse than the TokiDoki debacle with the ultra limited release and high price tag.

• Reply kookipink October 31, 2015 at 6:25 am

They look identical with new release dream date barbie except their outfit, I do like the AA version although the price I can’t afford it $150 seriously she is over priced for old model muse body very stiff!

• Reply erynnis November 1, 2015 at 1:23 am

Why infamous? I think they are fabulous.:-) :-) It’s all about the logo again but I like the logo phenomenon. King is naked but still a king.
    Pretty sure that Jeremy has used this iconic Superstar sculpt on purpose. It’s as recognizable as M. Monroe face.
    I wonder how big is the edition. The box says “gold label”, not platinum.
    I consider getting AA version but I am at work this day so I may not be able to get this girl. things happen :-)
    I love your blog. <3

• Reply ERYNNIS November 2, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Oh infamous indeed! Ada I have missed this facebook issue. it’s horrible. I just wanted to have a lot of fun with these dolls but it can ruin all fun! I agree Moschino is all about kitsch. Jeremy could make t-shirts with the quote :“It costs a lot of money to look this cheap”! But wait, who knows… maybe he have already did! LOL

• Reply EGBDF November 4, 2015 at 3:04 am

If this was by late 90s Moschimno, I’d be excited. I think they’ve become so bad. It’s just a logo now.

• Reply Leonda November 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Were can I get this doll

• Reply Ada November 22, 2015 at 3:04 pm

She’s sold out. Try eBay.