Barbie Barbie Collector Gold Label

More 2016 Barbie Collector news: Andy Warhol Campbell’s Soup Barbie Doll Platinum, Ava Duvernay Barbie Doll

November 10, 2015

Doll Genie is now taking preorders for more 2016 Barbie Collectors dolls and some of them are newly listed. Let’s check them out together.

Andy Warhol Campbell’s Soup Barbie Doll

Ok, we do know we’ll be getting a Andy Warhol Campbell’s Soup Barbie doll but what you don’t know is that there will be TWO of them! Yes, one will be Platinum. Yes, collectors will go crazy again in their rush to get her. Oh, well…

Ava Duvernay Barbie Doll

Ava Duvernay Barbie

Ava is an American director, screenwriter, film marketer, and film distributor and is the first African-American female director to have their film nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture.

Earlier this year an OOAK Ava Barbie doll was created for a Mattel event called “Sheroes”.

Ava Duvernay Barbie2

The third doll in the Superstar Forever series is Oscar De La Renta Bride Barbie! YEY!!!

Oscar De La Renta Bride Barbie

Check all the preorders HERE (CLICK).

Another piece of news comes from Brazil where the next doll in the Global Glamour Barbie series was unveiled at the Brazil Barbie con. Image via.

barbie global glamour brazil 2016

While I do like the sketch I would have loved for them to create something with a different country and culture. I’ve seen Brazil in the DOTW series a few times before so something fresh would have been more interesting.

So whata re your thoughts on the new dolls? More are coming!

• Reply Marco November 10, 2015 at 4:00 pm

“Yes, collectors will go crazy again in their rush to get her. Oh, well” Always collectors go crazy with low productions, not just Barbie collectors… ;-)

• Reply Laura Leigh November 10, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I really liked all of Shero dolls. I think they were a lot more unique than most of the generic dolls they sell. I wish Mattel had mass produced them for the public.

Yet another Brazilian doll. How original.

• Reply Havilland November 10, 2015 at 10:48 pm

So excited for the Ava Duvernay doll! The OOAK body was articulated, I’m curious if this doll will be to. Ava has a fuller body, I wouldn’t want her to have the Model Muse. The belly button body seems to be dead. I wonder…

With Misty Copeland and the Batman v Superman dolls, Mattel is really trying to get my money in 2016!

• Reply Viktor Zavadsky November 11, 2015 at 3:59 am

the Rosie O’Donnell body would be ideal for the Ava doll…

• Reply Champagne Star November 12, 2015 at 6:07 am

I’m excited about the Ava Duvernay and Misty Copeland dolls! Glad to see Mattel adding some diversity to their celebrity dolls. Now all we need is an African American male collector’s doll. I do hope these two will be articulated since I’m getting tired of buying dolls and then having to buy bodies to match.

• Reply Tracy November 30, 2015 at 7:59 am

Very happy about the Ava Duvernay Barbie. I think Carlyle will do right by the Brazil Barbie…especially using the Nichelle mold. As long as Mattel keeps everything articulated…it’s looking like a good start. :-)

• Reply Alli November 30, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Where can we buy the Andy Warhol dolls

• Reply Eire December 10, 2015 at 1:51 am

I also would love to know where I can purchase the Andy Warhol Dolls?

Thank you.