Barbie Barbie Collector Pink Label Silkstone

City Chic Suit Silkstone & 2016 Look Barbie dolls

April 17, 2016

This may not be news to you, but I just had to comment on the new dolls that were released at this year’s GAW Convention. I don’t even know how to start so that I would not sound bitter and resentful. But I’ll just say it.

City Chic Suit Silkstone is the fugliest and cheepest look Silkstone of LIFE! It’s a joke. Pure and simple. A JOKE. I just don’t get it. How can you go from this:

delphine-1

to This!

city chic suit silkstone barbie doll
Image credit Mario Paglino

So sad. Beyond sad. I actually hoped the promo image was not the real deal. I did…

Anyway, The 2016 Look dolls are very, very pretty! Too bad they didn’t keep the Steffie face for the Boho doll but, nevertheless, the dolls are delicious and actually save face for Barbie.

look barbie doll 2016 a

look barbie doll 2016 bImage credit Mario Paglino

• Reply ADRIANA April 17, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Sempre trazedo liindas imagens das dolls!

Poderia ter uma forma de compartilhar os pst para blogs também.

• Reply mjracop April 17, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Love ‘The Look’ ladies. The Boho gown is charming.

• Reply Ebony B April 18, 2016 at 3:48 am

I still don’t see why out of all of the new Silkstone dolls released so far, the AA one has to look the worst. It’s like they didn’t even try with this one.

• Reply Mark April 18, 2016 at 6:20 am

City Chic Suit Barbie has a lovely face. I’m looking forward to owning a few. #blackdollsmatter

• Reply Darlene D. Troy April 18, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Okay, that’s it. It’s time for them to stop making “BFMC” dolls. If this is the best they can do (no pun intended), it’s time to call it a day.

You’re totally right – that “City Chic Suit” doll literally looks like a joke. It looks like somebody bought the doll, stripped off all the accessories, and returned it to the store. Not acceptable. The other dolls are like that, but at least the black dress was a nice design.

When you strip away all the jewelry and embellishments you’re just left with clothes, so the clothes had better be exceptionally well-made. That takes a level of skill that has always been lacking on most the clothes for the BFMC dolls. The flange on the bottom of that skirt says it all.

• Reply Laura April 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I’m not a collector of silkstone dolls, but I understand the disappointment with the City Chic doll. She has very few accessories, and her outfit looks cheap. I feel bad for collectors that were looking forward to having a nice AA silkstone. All they’ll be paying for is the actual doll. They’ll need to put out more money to buy her a nicer outfit.

I think The Look dolls are quite lovely. It seems both of them have different facial molds from the prototypes used, which is somewhat disappointing, They are still pretty though, and their clothes are nice.

• Reply Steven Casey April 22, 2016 at 12:00 am

Delphine Silkstone Barbie is STILL my favorite!!! As for the City Chic Suit, looks like the 2016 Look clothes would be a much better fit, especially the pink outfit. And, since the Silkstone body revision, the play line clothes do indeed fit the new Silkstone girls. Still wish for jewelry and holes for earrings. Maybe next grouping????

• Reply Ariss April 23, 2016 at 8:04 am

The Look dolls are gorgeous. Do you have any idea when they will be released?