Barbie Barbie Collector Silkstone

What we know so far – 2017 Barbie Collector dolls

January 17, 2017

The new year is here and everyone is asking about the list of the upcoming 2017 Collector Barbie dolls. As we can all agree that 2016 was not such a good year for BC so collectors’ expectations are very high for the 2017 lineup.

So let’s recap what we know so far. My sources are Doll Genie and Cheryl’s Dolls.

Wonder Woman movie dolls: Wonder Woman, Antiope, Queen Hypolita. Can’t wait for these! I’m a HUGE WW fan and thios movie and these dolls are a dream for me!

Barbie Quinceanera. She is designed by Carlyle Nuera. There have been 3 Quinceanera Barbie and Teresa dolls before so I can’t want to see how this one will look.

25th Anniversary Totally Hair Barbie doll. This year markes the anniversary of the best selling Barbie doll of all times so, to celebrate her anniversary, she’ll ge getting a Collector makeover. So excited about this one!

Three Silkstones: BFMC Barbie Blush and Gold Dress, Barbie Classic Black Dress, Barbie Tweed Suit. I have seen one of them and all I can say is: she has accesories!!!!!

Gabby Douglas Barbie doll. I hope she’ll come in a set just like in the picture below.

Natalia Vodinova Barbie doll. Several media outlets ran a story last year about an OOAK doll depicting the supermodel and they also mentioned it will be made as a LE doll in 2017. No other info about her is available.

– The Look series, Birthday Wishes, Ballet Wishes and Happy Holidays will most likely continue this year also.

That was it so far! I hope there will be more interesting dolls this year and I hope we’ll get some fab Platinum Label dolls. Can’t wait to see the convention dolls! They will be designed by Bill Greening. <3

• Reply Wendy Dirks January 18, 2017 at 2:22 am

I wish they would release the fabulous Ashley Graham Barbie to the public.

• Reply Ada January 18, 2017 at 12:06 pm

It’s not a far fetched idea. I can totally see Carlyle making this possible.

• Reply Phyllis January 18, 2017 at 5:03 am

I am most excited about the Wonder Woman dolls, the Gabby Douglas doll and I too hope to see the Ashley Graham doll become available!

• Reply Farrah Lily January 18, 2017 at 6:30 am

Thanks for this post! I am soo looking forward to the WW dolls as well! I’m glad to hear they are making a Gabby doll and also can’t wait for the Totally Hair Barbie. :) :) :)

• Reply Ben January 18, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Im dieing to see ww and totally hair pictures! :(( (

• Reply Angi January 31, 2017 at 4:16 am

And what happened with the Faraway Forest Collection?

• Reply Suzanne Moore February 5, 2017 at 7:02 am

I like the movie tie in dolls and part of my collection includes Twilight, Wizard of Oz and Hunger Games. I know this would cause extreme controversy and it is very doubtful Mattel would do this but I would like to see the Fifty Shades series as part of the collection of movie tie ins. Even the Vermont Teddy Bear company came out with the Christian Grey inspired teddy bear.

• Reply Patricia Vaughn March 29, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Will the 25th anniversary of Totally Hair Barbie be sold in stores? And if so which ones?