Barbie Barbie Collector Black Label

Images of the 2017 Wonder Woman dolls

February 13, 2017

I’m screaming. Can you hear me?? Mattel and Entertainment Weekly have just revealed the images of the new 2017 Wonder Woman dolls and we get not one but FOUR Diana/Wonder Woman dolls.

And looks like the dolls are priced between $14.99 and $19.99! Wow.

LE: I think the first two are some sort of She-Ra like figurines.

The sets will be $26.99 and $29.99.

• Reply Anonym February 13, 2017 at 8:44 pm

That horrible molded clothing on the male… ughh and what’s with those lame statue horses?! Why not making Made to Move horses? Otherwise, the dolls are quite nice, shame on the lack of wrist articulation, especially on doll with the blue dress. If only Mattel gave the DC Multiverse line this level of attention…sigh, they just need to admit already they’re girl toys company and give up on the DC license for action figures.

P.S. I’m still boycotting Mattel and keep waitining for Catra and Netossa from She-Ra

• Reply Phyllis February 14, 2017 at 3:15 am

I am somewhat excited, but also a little bit disappointed. I do have the She-Ra doll (oops, figure) and I can see some similarities to the body, but the She-Ra is very, very jointed, even more than the MTM body. It also looks to me from these photos that the heads on these dolls are larger than She-Ra’s head, which is actually a good thing. I had read on Barbielist Holland that the Chris Pine figure was not included in the set, but I do hope that he is. Even though his body is not what I would like (molded on pants? Really Mattel?) I would get him anyway and I would put him on a different body, like a Superman or Batman or even one of the Harley Ken bodies I have waiting in the wings! As for Wonder Woman’s mom set, I would definitely want that one!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos. I always get excited when I see the new dolls that are coming out (as if I didn’t have enough already!). I can’t wait to see what the other Fashionistas will look like. I hope I have enough MTM bodies in the right skintones for the ones I decide to get! ☺

• Reply Anonym February 14, 2017 at 1:53 pm

The new She-Ra is an action doll to be precise. Personally, I prefer the new small head, I find it refershing as someone who is sick of big headed dolls. I hope they will to make the rest of the She-Ra line, I’m more interested in the other charaters then She-Ra herself which I didn’t get.

The molded clothing trend is really stupid and bad, they supposed to be fashion dolls! I hate when they excused it by saying it’s for little girls which until now was always getting dolls with real fabric clothes.

The Superman/Batman body is great, but my one gripe about it, is that it have small childish hands which ruins it’s entire manliness! They could also used the body for Max Steel (and improve those silly small hands).

• Reply RJ93 February 15, 2017 at 11:24 pm

They give them molded clothes because these are modeled after action figures rather than traditional fashion dolls, tbh nothing really screams “fashion” about all these, it’s just figures made to look after the actors, there’s no clothing value or fashion trend whatsoever tied to these “dolls” hehe.

• Reply Anonym February 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm

They supposed to be action dolls….

• Reply Farrah Lily February 14, 2017 at 3:49 am

They are BEAUTIFUL…I can’t wait!!! Some of the clothing is a disappointment and I had hoped they would be MTM articulated, but I love them just the same. I want all of them! :)