Barbie Fashionistas Playline

New Barbie Dolphin Magic and Fashionistas sets

March 15, 2017

Looking at these I can concur: Mattel is pushing the playline series more and more each year. Please notice the fabric swimsuits and the fabric mermaid tale. It is obvious they are focusing on the playline dolls more than the Collector ones. Let’s see if that will pay off. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much, Muhammed Bagci for these.

Barbie Dolphin Magic is a 60 minutes spcial that will premier this fall.
Synopsis: In this fun, underwater adventure, Barbie and her sisters visit Ken at his summer internship where he works at a coral reef researching dolphins. While diving and exploring the reef, the sisters discover rare, rainbow-colored dolphins who only visit once a year. This amazing find encourages them to learn more about preserving the coral and all the sea life that lives there. That’s when they meet Isla, a mysterious new friend who’s also on a mission to save the coral. What seems like a simple task turns out to be quite the adventure when it’s revealed Isla is really a mermaid. But there’s no time to celebrate having a mermaid for a friend, because Isla needs the help of Barbie and her sisters, and the gemstone dolphins to save the day.

The dolls above are cute, but I am most excited about these Fashionistas packs. The AA in the yellow dress and the one with dark hair and blue dress are everything! I swear this line is getting better and better. Of course the quality of the fashions and of the accesories could be better, but the design is spot on.

I don’t know yet when these will be released so stay tuned for more info.

• Reply Gail March 15, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Love Love Love!

• Reply Troy March 15, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Ken’s haircut is one that many young guys are wearing, so it is nice to see him sport it. Absolutely agree that the AA doll and yellow dress are wonderful; she is a must-buy. It’s good to see that they are mixing up the styles for the clothing. They are much more interesting lately, so I hope it continues to be on the upswing. Now if they would only release the various body shapes in articulated bodies, I would be very happy.

• Reply Babs April 13, 2017 at 5:08 am

I agree with needing other articulated body types! As much as I would love to keep that one in the yellow dress, I’ve already purchased a made to move body donor for her (hopefully the AA soccer player will match, it’s hard to tell from a picture)

• Reply Monster Crafts March 15, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Even though some of the fabrics used on the Fashionistas are recycled, I really like them, specially the one with the yellow dress. If they only added some articulation….

• Reply ed March 15, 2017 at 6:12 pm

thanks for sharing love the new look

• Reply Anna March 15, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Cute. I like the small one in dot dress. As the others – I´d like to see articulation. I like dolls but I hesitate to buy them, because I would need to invest also extra money into MTM dolls to rebody.

• Reply Kitty in IN March 16, 2017 at 3:44 am

I feel your pain. ^_^ Trying hard to resist the Fashionistas, but quite a few of them have come home with me anyway. Even ones that I can’t rebody yet.

• Reply Amy March 15, 2017 at 10:07 pm

My favorites are the AA with yellow dress and the dark haired one with the dot dress (what mold is she?). What I find a little weird is that it appears some of them come with a 2nd pair of shoes while others don’t. But, the ones that don’t at least have neutral colored shoes, like black or white. I love the designed jeans, white shirt, and plaid dress that come with the blond doll, but I don’t really like the doll itself.

• Reply Lex June 6, 2017 at 10:35 pm

I am an adult collector – started out with just Model Muse but now collect Curvy ones as well, and a few other special ones. Is the AA doll in the yellow dress a curvy doll? It is hard to tell from the pose. She is beautiful either way. Totally want the curvy redhead doll!

As for articulation, I really don’t care for it. As an adult collector, I dress the dolls, and sometimes I’ll put one or 2 on a stand to show off. No need for knees and arms that bend (and honestly, I find that kind of gets in the way sometimes).

• Reply EveLang October 1, 2017 at 9:08 pm

I’m also one of those rare collectors who don’t care for articulation. I’m quite happy with the dolls as they are, but those who are annoyed about it not being present seem to feel extremely passionate about it. I don’t like the knee and elbow joints and when the wrists have it too, their hands go all over the place, though it is sometimes nice to have for the different poses, but i’d rather have the Fashionistas without it, it probably helps keep the price down too! I hope the AA one in yellow dress is available soon (October now) and the one in long blue dress.