Barbie Playline Sets

New fully articulated playline sets

April 12, 2017

Thanks to Dannii Saumane, we have two images of some new playline sets that feature fully articulated dolls. No word on their names yet. I tell you, Mattel is listening. They still need to improve some things, but they are listening. Btw, can we start the 2017 Barbie Fanclub already?!! It’s April!

• Reply Phyllis April 13, 2017 at 2:59 am

These look really great! Maybe Mattel is starting to listen to us? Did you notice that the AA skintone is very dark? I see her being purchased as a donor for a lot of other dolls! I know I will!

• Reply Babs April 13, 2017 at 5:01 am

Finally a dark(er) skin tone with articulation! Like Phyllis said, she will definitely be a body donor for some of my dolls. I assume this set will be about $20 though so not the most affordable way to get articulated donors.

• Reply Wendy Dirks April 13, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I can’t wait to get the AA doll! Yes, she’ll be a fabulous donor. :-)

• Reply Laura April 13, 2017 at 3:59 pm

I hope Mattel makes these articulated bodies for their petite, curvy, and tall dolls too. I would love it if they gave articulated bodies to Skipper, Stacie, and Chelsea as well.

• Reply Steven Casey April 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

I truly think Lego beating Mattel as the world’s threw them in a tizzy, especially when the CEO left. There are some of us who still long for the older, more vintage fashions (admittedly an older, out of demographic audience). The late 90s and early 2000s, when all we had was the old barbie body with the gummy bendy legs, some incredible fashions were produced. I still look for Fashion Avenue outfits I’ve missed. Mixing and matching, you can still create edgy fashion. With everything looking playline (including the new poseable Silkstone (which I DO like, btw), I started to switch over to “another doll line ” for fashion. Most Barbie clothes fit , just not the shoes.

• Reply Steven Casey April 13, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Meant “World’s leading toy company”…… couldn’t edit. ;)

• Reply Anonym April 13, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I agree thoughI would like to correct and be more precise, looking as 2017 playline which means cheap as hell and not as the late 90s and early 2000s playline as you have said. Even in 2013 where Life in Dreamhouse line was produced it was still quite good. It’s really sad to me seeing the American playline toys keep deteriorating with less and less toy companies. Indeed our childhood “simpler” toys are superior, but it doesn’t have to do with articulatio, it has to do with overall better quality.

As for these new dolls, while their accessories look nice axcpet for this cheap plaing looking guitar, the dolls themselves have very boring, dull unfeminine clothes. I like the drak skin doll better, though I dislike her lips color and I fear her hair going to be horrible and cheap. Mattel just doesn’t do any favors, oh well, more Licca Chan then^^.

P.S. I wish the new articulated Silkstone dolls kept their original 50’s proportions, instead of looking like Twiggy and had better range and without ugly seamlines.

• Reply wormmommy April 13, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Blonde is available on amazon $19.99. Dark-skinned version is sold out. Also they do not have ankle articulation.

• Reply Sarnan Moya April 14, 2017 at 9:09 am

My burning question is Does the AA have flat boat feet or high heel feet/ flats-to-heels? I won’t buy that flat footed-nonsense!

• Reply Babs April 15, 2017 at 4:43 am

These are already available on Amazon!