Barbie Barbie Collector Furniture News

2017 Barbie Dream House Playset

September 18, 2017

First of all hello and welcome to the new and improved Păpușile Mele!! The blog has a new layout, we have a new feature that is being worked on, I have a brand new Instagram account and lots and lots of fresh ideas. Stay tuned cause a great contest is coming, but first let me quickly give you the good news. The 2017 Barbie Dream House Playset is up on Amazon. It is a reproduction of the 1962 set and it comes with a doll.

Will you be buying it? I am a HUGE fan of Barbie playsets so I am considering getting this one also.

LE: You can always get the miniature made by Rogier from Dutch Fashion Doll World.

• Reply Kimberlee September 19, 2017 at 5:58 am

I doubt I’ll buy the new repro Dream House. I’m not impressed with cardboard. Plus…when I first played with Barbies was in 1969…different style of Barbie and accessories by then. Now, if they’d reproduce some of the 70s structures, I might have to bite! LOL

• Reply Linda Ford September 19, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Another like ME…..I played with my Barbie’s from 1959 to about 1967. Sadly I didn’t get into the cardboard though I know many people who build extensively in cardboard. I was lucky to have some Mattel items like the canopy bed, vanity and some wooden doll toys, though a bit smaller for 8″ dolls.

• Reply Sandra September 19, 2017 at 9:19 pm

The website looks great!!! So proud of you always!!

• Reply Ada September 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Thank you, my dear!!

• Reply Katti September 19, 2017 at 11:24 pm

Yay! I can scroll :D :D
    Love the new look, Ada.

• Reply Ada September 20, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Thank you! :D

• Reply Cookie October 2, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I love the dreamhouse, I was born in the mid-1980s so this style was not available when I was a kid. I love that they are reproducing the older things, because I myself am able to get them ‘new’. Even in mint condition, the original stuff doesn’t seem ‘fresh’, and I feel like I need to baby it. Also, I worry about damaging the original vintage items. I am on a tight budget for the time being, and won’t be able to buy this set right now, but I would love it to be in my collection someday soon. 100 dollars for a one-room dreamhouse and some lovely cardboard pieces is not something I should be spending money on now. I would LOVE the 1960 dreamhouse to be reproduced, with the multiple rooms.

• Reply PAUL October 8, 2017 at 6:04 am

This is something Mattel got absolutely RIGHT. The set is extraordinary and the addition of the doll and the sheath dress is genius! May the Fashion Shop be next! (And the original sports car!)