Barbie Barbie sisters Ken News Playline Barbie

Playline Barbie dolls and sets Late 2017 – Early 2018

October 7, 2017

It is that time again to introduce you to some very cute late 2017 – early 2018 Barbie dolls and sets. By far the most interesting dolls are the new babysitter dolls that have the Skipper body and a new (?) head sculpt. To me it also looks like the Wee Friends, but I may be wrong. I do not have that much info about them so right now all we can do is speculate on the images.

I love food themed sets. I think miniature food is so cute!

Some more basic mermaids and princesses.

A Fashion Design Plates set plus a geologist (?) Barbie doll.

Last, but not least – Chelsea and Friends.

That is all for now. I have no info about the release of these dolls, but I would love to hear your thoughts on them. Do not forget that I have a contest that will reward the best commentator!

• Reply Selena October 7, 2017 at 10:43 am

barbie is just so cheap and generic looking, sadly they cant do better apart from theyre all hollow plastic

• Reply Anonym October 10, 2017 at 2:15 pm

You just took the words out of my mouth. Barbie have turned into her own knockoff version….

• Reply Wendy Dirks October 7, 2017 at 12:49 pm

The baby sitter doll is cute but if you want a fabulous tree house for Barbie sized children, the new Lottie tree house is amazing. I use Lottie dolls as children in my 1:6 scale universe and blog. It’s not inexpensive, but compared to this tree house, it’s in another league! The geologist Barbie is great if you know something about the recent discoveries in a cave in South Africa of Homo naledi, which made a huge splash in the world of palaeoanthropology recently. To get into the cave, the discoverer had to call on a group of petite female anthropologists because they were the only ones that could fit. So I find this Barbie quite fun! But she needs a rock hammer, not a trowel, if she’s going to be a geologist. Maybe she’s supposed to be a spelunker with that headlamp! And why is she wearing shorts? If she’s somewhere that needs a headlamp, it’s going to be very chilly. Some palaeontologist and archaeologist colleagues of mine were called in to help design the Fossil Finder Lottie doll – I think Mattel needs someone to help them as well!

• Reply Laura L. October 7, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I love the two AA babysitter dolls. I only wish they came on articulated bodies.

• Reply ed collette October 7, 2017 at 5:32 pm

look like skipper has a new friend she is cool thanks for sharing
    have you heard any more on the day to night barbie repo ?

• Reply PAUL October 8, 2017 at 5:57 am

The dolls are hideous. Truly. The facial painting is vacuous, the outfits looks cheap, the accessories would be diorama worthy were they to look like the items they’re replicating rather than, plastic, pink or lavender, and monogrammed with “B” to the point of nausea. All of these dolls look like the line of similar toys TRU sells under its private brand. It’s a shame Mattel no longer has any knowledge of its early history and keeps pumping out massive quantities of…junk…that has no long term history or value beyond play-and-discard.

• Reply Gavroche October 8, 2017 at 7:22 pm

“that has no long term history or value beyond play-and-discard.” That’s what they’re made for. These are PLAY LINE toys, targeting young children between the ages of 4-10. You and some of the others criticizing these are shopping in the wrong category if you’re looking for dolls that will appeal to older collectors. Ripping on this stuff is needless.

• Reply Anonym October 10, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Being PLAYLINE toys doesn’t mean they have to look and be overpriced knockoff garbage-like. To remind you the great admired 60’s Barbie was originally PLAYLINE toy too. Kids desreve better toys then this like the ones we used to have as kids; beautifully detailed that would catch your eyes and being SOILD and durable that you could actually played with that for years.

• Reply Anonymouse October 29, 2017 at 10:20 pm

The problem is something that level of quality would be much more expensive. And parents these days are not willing to spend that kind of money on a single doll. Unfortunately most parents would rather get their kids 10 $5 junk dolls than a single $50 doll that is durable and detailed. It’s all about quantity over quality in our culture today and companies have to follow suit or they will not survive.

• Reply Phyllis October 8, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Oh, those are Skipper sized dolls,?! I had heard they were Stacie sized. At any rate, they are the ones that interest me the most. Just wish the had some articulation!

• Reply Anna November 24, 2017 at 9:38 am

Mattel should have made all of them”made to move”. But, probably that would make them more expensive. The Fashionistas/Dreamtopia dolls cost less than $10 and MTM cost no less than $15. So, it’s not the same selling $10 dolls instead of $15. Anyways, little girls will be happy with these dolls. Also, Lori dolls are fabulous but wicked expensive! Their play food cost $15 and you can buy real groceries with that kind of money