Barbie

Barbie Dolls I would love Mattel to produce

October 20, 2017

I have been dying to write this article for some time now. I think it is so much fun to think about dolls I would love to see produced. To be perfectly honest, I would give everything to have my own doll produced, but this is simply out of my budget right now. I keep imagining myself like all those beauty gurus that get to create collections with various makeup companies. :)) Just imagine doing something like that. Ah… One day, Ada. one day.

Anyway, let’s get back to my little list.

First up is a doll that was supposed to come out, but never made the cut. I am talking about the King Tut Ken doll that would have been a companion to Linda Kyaw’s Cleopatra doll. I have asked both Linda and Robert Best about him and both of them told me it never even made it to the prototype faze. :( Such a missed opportunity! Ok, King Tut was not contemporany with Cleopatra, but give it another name and create a gorgeous ancient Egyptian male doll with rooted hair. Can you imagine how amazing that would have been? Pure beauty!

Because I have mentioned a Ken doll, I must share with you my ongoing need for nice male dolls in the Barbie Collector line. With ROOTED HAIR, of course. I would love to see a series of important historical male figures brought to life in the Barbie world. Something like the Women of Royalty series, but not only restricted to kings and princes. Create dolls that resamble people like William Shakespeare, Martin Luther, Alexander The Great, Ramses the IInd, Nikola Tesla, Harry Belafonte, and many, many more. It is not like you do not have an amazing list to choose from, right?

People like supermodels and that is a fact. We all went crazy for the Gigi Hadid doll (that is still very much canceled) and the gorgeous Claudia Schiffer doll. Why not create a Now vs Then series of supermodels? Split it in two parts and do one with Linda, Christy, Claudia, Naomi etc and one with Gigi, Giselle, Miranda and others. I know that convincing them and paying for their likeness mught be difficult and expensive, but I would love to see a series like that.

Now last, but not least and definetly my craziest idea is… A blogger/vlogger series. :D I would love that people like Rogier, Stratos, I, Suresh and others would be paired each with a Barbie designer and we would all create a doll that exemplifies our own collector taste. Yes, I know… Crazy idea, but just imagine how fun it would be. Different dolls, different styles, same love for Barbie.

So, do any of these ideas appeal to you? What would you like Mattel to produce in the Barbie Collector/Signature series? I would love to hear your ideas.

• Reply Lina Hägg October 20, 2017 at 2:39 pm

A serie of Sailor Moon with MtM bodies. Kings and Queens from all over the world (and through history) or emperors if that is what they have.
    More celebrities. Like Charlie Chaplin or other icons.
    And a forensic technician Barbie.

• Reply Rachel October 21, 2017 at 2:48 am

I’ve always wanted Sailor Moon Barbies!! They would be so gorgeous!

• Reply Dannii October 20, 2017 at 2:56 pm

I have such a massive wish-list! Dolls I would like to see are:
    1. Supermodels – Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen, Stephanie Seymour, Karen Mulder, Laetitia Casta and Adriana Karembeu.
    2.Singers – Michael Jackson, Shania Twain, Britney Spears and my Mother Monster Lady Gaga. I know she has a ”mini-me” as MH Zomby Gaga, but I would love to see her human version too.
    3.Actors – Jason Momoa! Jason Momoa! JASON MOMOAAAAA!!!! Also Ian Somerhalder, Monica Belucci, Olivia Wilde.
    And finally I really would love to see your own Barbie doll, even if it will be an OOAK. Who knows, maybe Carlyle can design one for you in a future. )))

• Reply Phyllis October 20, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I wish Mattel would offer a body program where you could buy just the made to move bodies in regular and curvy (at least!) in many of the skintones. Then, they need to give a a MTM Ken and give the male dolls rooted hair again! I still don’t understand why the Fashionista men have plastic molded hair! I love your idea about having some of you guys pair with a Barbie designer to collaborate on a doll using your design ideas. That would be so cool. I also want to see a line of Barbie clothing up to the standards of the old Fashion Avenue line. I would also like to see more friends for the Skipper and Stacie sized dolls including some boy dolls!

• Reply Cynthia October 20, 2017 at 10:47 pm

I know it would be great to see some guys. But Mattel made it clear when Barbie was first created that Ken, or any other male must not overshadow Barbie: Barbie must always be the primary focus of the line. That being said, I would love a Dracula (I know someone else already did one, still….) plus brides, Marvel Character fashion dolls, like Loki and Thor, Dr. Doom, The Sub-Mariner, and Dr. Strange. Ah, but we can dream.

• Reply Bridi October 21, 2017 at 2:00 am

Good day! I read you a long time, but I write for the first time.
    I support the idea of releasing a series of Supermodels. And I really want to see that Mattel released not only collectible Barbie, but also collectible furniture for them.

• Reply Emily October 21, 2017 at 8:35 pm

…There is a difference between Ken ‘overshadowing’ Barbie and Ken being equal to Barbie.
    Personally, I would love to see a line of military Barbies. Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, Army etc. …I always imagined there would be both male and female, several skin tones, body shapes and hair colors, and each doll would come with both her full dress formal uniform and a battle dress uniform complete with tactical gear. Mattel would likely draw the line at including guns Barbie could hold but the uniforms, holsters and tactical gear would be awesome.

Other thing I would like to see would be a proper doctor/nurse/surgeon medical lineup with equipment that isn’t either pink or heart shaped, clothes in appropriate colors for the workplace instead of neon pink stitching and brightly printed scrubs. And for the love of hell make the lab coat a separate piece from the top underneath. And lose the spike heels, give Barbie practical shoes!

• Reply Lori October 29, 2017 at 4:48 am

Titanic Jack and Rose using Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet sculpt

• Reply angelclouds November 6, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I just want a barbie (playline) with smaller head again. That would be more than enough.