Barbie Events

Ask Mattel Barbie designer Linda Kyaw a question!

April 14, 2018

As you may already know, I will be hosting two events next month, at the 2018 Italian Doll Convention. One is a panel about manga/anime/cartoons and the doll world (Saturday at 10 PM) and the other is a 2 hour exibiton and interview with Mattel Barbie designer Linda Kyaw. Part of this interview will be a series of questions that I will be asking Linda on your behalf.

So if you want to have the opportunity to ask Linda a question now is the time. Comment here, on my Facebook page and/or my Instagram account on the posts titled Ask Linda your question and it might get picked up to be answered!

The event will be broadcasted live on Facebook so you might just hear the answer you are waiting for LIVE! Good luck!

• Reply Emily April 15, 2018 at 12:09 am

Will the Dolls of the World series return? Linda did some of the most beautiful ones!

• Reply Maya April 15, 2018 at 10:54 am

Why there were no dolls based on the “Hobbit” movies. The “Lord of the Rings” dolls were amazing!

• Reply Melissa Smith April 15, 2018 at 11:38 pm

I always wondered how you decide which face mold to use for the doll. There are so many different lovely Barbie faces to choose from. Do you (Linda) have a favorite Barbie face to use?

• Reply Laura April 19, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Hi Ada,

I have a some questions that I would really appreciate you asking Linda about. I would like to know if the Signature line will design Kelly/Tommy, and Stacie sized designer dolls once again. I would also like to know if they’ll release a modern Signature Skipper doll, as they have already released a number of vintage Skipper dolls.
    I don’t know if Linda has any say about the Playline dolls, but I would like to know if they plan to create fully articulated Barbie sisters, and Petite Barbie Fashionista dolls.
    Lastly, I would like to know why many of the newer designer dolls don’t seem to have the same quality of facial screening designer dolls in the earlier 2000’s had. For example, when I compare my David’s Bridal Brunette Hispanic and Blonde Caucasian Barbies to (for example) the Barbie 2017 Hispanic/Brunette and Blonde/Caucasian dolls, or the Holiday Barbies, why the quality of the older dolls is so much better.

• Reply Servando May 2, 2018 at 8:55 pm

What could be done by the collectors, to pressure the company to improve the final quality of the Barbie Dolls as they did a while ago, since this seems to go down with the passage of time, as the lack of interest in the care of the details of production is already affecting the design of the “signature” and “silkstone” lines?

• Reply ilia May 5, 2018 at 11:40 am

My question: since I love her 2010 and 2015 Holiday Barbie: what kind of facemold has she used for 2015 Holiday Barbie? It seems a Mackie mold, but it isn’t in effect.

Plus: does she plan to create other Holiday Barbie dolls, since they are the most available dolls easy- to find in Europe? Thanks.

• Reply ben smith July 16, 2018 at 6:32 pm

What is the name of the designer of the 2018 National Convention Doll On The Avenue?

• Reply Ada July 17, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Carlyle Nuera.

• Reply erica August 10, 2018 at 6:32 pm

Linda, Big fan of your work. Is there anyway to purchase and AVA Duvernay doll?