Ken News Other dolls

Fresh stuff from The Fresh Dolls

August 6, 2018

I have to say I admire so much the dive and passion of Dr. Lisa, the genius behind The Fresh Dolls. She really is working so hard on developing a line of AA dolls that are super cute and budget friendly.

Right now a few new dolls are joining The Fresh Squad. First is a doll created in collaboration with MyFroggyStuff, one of the best and most popular doll vloggers/influencers. I have said this on Instagram and I am going to say it here again. From the bottom of my heart I applaud this collaboration. Why you ask? Because I think it is time doll companies started collaborating with doll influencers. Ok, our world is not as big as the beauty or fashion world where such collaborations are a daily occurrence, but it is a shame most companies just choose to ignore this influencer marketing strategy. Such amazing dolls would come out of these kind of collaborations because influencers know (sometimes) better what the collector market wants from a doll so ignoring them is a loss for the company.

Anyway, you can preorder the MyFroggStuff doll HERE. She has a new sculpt and is adorable!

Then we have the long awaited male dolls: Daniel, Malik and Anthony. We really need more male dolls. Just look at how many collectors are asking Mattel for an articulated line of MtM Ken dolls and so far nothing is being done about that. Well we now have the Fresh Boys. You can preorder them HERE.

So what do you think of these dolls? Are you getting them? Do you think we need more male and influencer inspired dolls?

• Reply Wendy Dirks August 6, 2018 at 8:09 pm

I pre-ordered all three. They’re fabulous!!!

• Reply Esther August 6, 2018 at 10:09 pm

The froggy fresh doll looks like she has the same face as all the others as me, she just doesn’t have heavy make up like the others, in my opinion. I like the guy who is bald. He’s OK. But I don’t know if I’ll get him. Maybe I’ll just stick to #NextGenKen. Gotta love the man bun! Lol!

• Reply Ada August 8, 2018 at 9:19 am

She is has a new sculpt. They have said that on their Instagram. There are no MtM Ken dolls. There have been articulated male dolls in the past, but not MtM. I also love the design of the new Fashionistas, but their bodies are awful. Very stiff and so har to pose. That is why people want articulation like with the first Fashionistas. These dolls are supposed to be taken out and played with and the popularity of doll photogaphy is on the rise so it is normal that people want posable dolls. And so do kids. I look at the kids around me and when they play with dolls they want to sit them down or make them stay in different poses. Can not do that with the current Fashionistas and it is a shame because their design is simply GORGEOUS! I am all into modern, cool and hip fashions so you will not hear me complain about that.

• Reply Esther August 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Yeah, but articulation does cost a lot of money. I’d take diverse dolls of all shapes, sizes and colours with 5 points of articulation over a fully articulated doll any day. But this is just my opinion.

• Reply fre October 5, 2018 at 9:52 pm

The froggy fresh doll is not the same face as the fresh dolls….she have a different smile…I will support the new fresh male dolls and purchase all plus the froggy fresh doll…gotta love the braids and dreadlocks!

• Reply Esther August 6, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Also, Mattel are doing a great job. They’ve given us different body types for the ken. And they’ve already made made to move ken dolls, if u guys will look on they’re Instagram. Barbie will probably release them soon. We just need to be patient. And I don’t see what the big deal is about articulation. They’re dolls! I love dolls, but still, they are just dolls. And articulation costs money u guys. I’d prefer diversity over articulation any day! Not hating, just stating.

• Reply Phyllis August 7, 2018 at 3:34 am

I pre-ordered them all! I agree with you about the collaboration with My Froggy Stuff! I love Froggy and I am excited about this doll. I love Dr. Lisa’s attitude about listening to the adult collectors. I love that these guys not only have articulation, but rooted hair! I do think Mattel is doing a great job with their new dolls and their Barbie sales were up 12% as a result. Too bad they are losing on so many other products. The introduction of other doll makers into the market will not stop me from buying from Mattel.

The Fresh Dolls are currently aimed at primarily one ethnic group, but this is just a start for them. With the way Dr. Lisa listens to collector groups, I am sure she will be able to add more diversity in the line as the company grows. I for one support that and welcome these dolls with open arms (and my pocetbook!). Can’t wait for my dolls to arrive!

• Reply Viktor Zavadsky August 7, 2018 at 3:36 am

love these guys! – everything about them has what I want for black male dolls – full articulation – nice body sculpts – beautiful facial sculpts – different complexions – each with his own individual facial painting – natural hair textures – black hair! – brown eyes! – nice clothing!

• Reply Jaí B. August 13, 2018 at 9:48 am

I just did a lengthy search for brown skin guy dolls, finding my way here. The guy doll with the red jacket, Anthony, is exactly what I hoped to find (the closest a guy doll looks to myself). I’ve very grateful that it exists. The posability (articulation) is also what I hoped to find, as I will be purchasing one mainly for taking photos. Being that this will be my first doll, I’m not sure how flexible the 13 point articulation will be, but I have come across pictures of some very flexible dolls. Based on the comments, I feel confident it’ll be just what I hope for in that regard. The next thing I am hoping to stumble across, is a site that offers a large variety of clothing. I know I’ll have to wait until I get one to compare his size to ones in stores. Who would have thought I’d ever buy a doll… in my early thirties none-the-less. Life is so wonderful.

• Reply Juli August 17, 2018 at 12:39 am

They all have different names but they all look like the same guy with different hairstyles. I hope the line does really well though so that they can possibly expand into additional face sculpts. Either way, I think these are really cool and much more interesting then the current Mattel Kens (especially since these are articulated and have real hair).

• Reply C August 22, 2018 at 12:56 am

Umm…is there a reason why the term male dolls links to an amazon listing for Unique S-x Dolls?

• Reply Ada August 23, 2018 at 12:12 pm

This blog is part of an affiliate program called VigLink. You can see the banner in the sidebar and also there is info about this in the Privacy policy.

• Reply Haeahawk September 12, 2018 at 1:24 am

Based on your coverage of the FreshDolls I decided to pre order the dolls. I have read posts from people who did the first pre order back in early spring and still have not received the product and was told of delays.
    Now I just received this email
    Hello Fresh Family!

We want to give you a shipping update: We’re running late! :-(

We have just been informed that our Wave 2 Fresh Dolls are in the testing phase of production. Testing is done by an outside agency — we have nothing to do with it. It is a process that ensures our dolls will be perfectly safe for children, so it is very important and necessary. BUT it means the dolls won’t ship out until the testing is complete! We are beside ourselves, knowing that you must wait even longer for your Wave 2 dolls when you have already been so patient. We aren’t sure yet when the shipping date will occur but don’t worry, the dolls will be here well in time for the holidays. And you will still be the first to have the dolls in-hand, before they arrive on the store shelves.

We feel so upset about this that we are going to send out an extra little surprise for everyone who has ordered their dolls. We won’t tell you exactly what (we’re still planning), but it will be something special to add to the fun. And hopefully you will forgive us!

We’ll let you know just as soon as the shipping date is announced, so stay tuned!
    Sent with love and apologies.

If you have questions or concerns, please don’t click the reply button — email us directly at: info@worldofepi.com

• Reply Neytiri October 8, 2018 at 10:32 pm

• Reply fre October 5, 2018 at 9:53 pm

• Reply Alfreda prater October 5, 2018 at 9:59 pm

all of the male dolls have the same sculpt…just different hair and skin color!